If you want to enhance your lips, fill in the hollow under the eyes, or volumize your cheeks, Dr Wessam has the right filler for you. During you consultation, you will explain your goals and expectations and the best option for you will be discussed.
As we get older, sun damage, smoking and other influences will reduce our skin’s ability to produce certain molecules. This causes the appearance of sagging, thin skin.
Young, plump skin is full of collagen and molecules called Hylauronic Acid (HA). The filler fills the area of HA loss and plumps it back up.
Dermal Fillers are Used for:
Dermal fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns related to facial aging, including:
Adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth (called nasolabial folds or laugh lines).
Augmenting cheeks to enhance their shape and restoring youthful fullness.
Filling out hollowness under the eyes.( Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids)
Treating depressed scars from acne or chicken pox.
Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
• A full medical history will be obtained before any filling.
• Do not take any over the counter medicines or herbal remedies before surgery or for 3 days following. Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and Voltarol based tablets.
• It would be useful to bring a list of any prescribed medications to your pre-op assessment.
• We recommend you come in 30 minutes prior to treatment if you so we can apply numbing pain. (To reduce any pain you might feel)
We prefer that you not massage the injection sites or press the filler into the skin. Allow yourself a week before evaluating the results of the filler.
• Temporary swelling
• Lumps in the treated area.
These side effects may take a week to resolve.
If bruising occurs, it may take up to two weeks to resolve.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding you cannot get filler treatment.