RHINOPLASTY (NOSE JOB)
Rhinoplasty is almost always a satisfying experience for a patient. Choosing a nose job isn’t only important in balancing your facial features, in many cases it corrects conditions that cause a patient to have breathing problems.
Even a small surgical adjustment made to your nose can result in a big improvement in overall facial harmony. Balancing the size, width and angles are the important points faced when undergoing a nose job.
Every nose is different and therefore the approach is different. Dr Wessam has the talent to modify each nose to the individual for the most satisfying results through closed Rhinoplasty. The tip of the nose can be made smaller or bigger, or turned down or up. Changes and modifications in nostril size can also be made.
If you are considering rhinoplasty, we encourage you to discuss your goals, expectations during your preoperative consultation with Dr Wessam.
During your preoperative consultation, the following points will be covered:
• History and physical Examination
• A series of photographs from different angles
• Your nose will be examined from the outside and from the inside using a nasal speculum
• Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and Voltarol based tablets.
• It would be useful to bring a list of any prescribed medications to your pre-op assessment.
If you are a smoker, try and stop for a minimum of six weeks before and five days after surgery as it can reduce the chances of complications.
Rhinoplasty takes place in a formal operating room setting. An anesthesiologist is present throughout the case.
Recovery After Rhinoplasty:
• Nasal packs are removed after 48 hrs
• Splint worn on outside of nose for one week
• Recommend one week off from work/school
• Back to full activity in two weeks
• Typically rhinoplasty is not considered to be painful. Most patients describe nasal congestion to be the main complaint postoperatively no nose blowing is allowed.
• Gentle technique, ice, and avoidance of blood thinners are the best ways
• Dissolving sutures are used internally, and dissolving or removable sutures close the wound at any external incisions (if nostril modifications are made)
The final result
You will be able to see your new look within two to four weeks, but your nose shape will continue to improve itself over a year.